[Pdns-users] DNS Lookup Problem

ueli heuer ueli at heuer.org
Thu Jun 19 08:54:21 UTC 2003

Hi

> I've installed PowerDNS with Mysql support and that works fine. My
> problem is that PowerDNS won't resolve a DNS name that isn't in my
> Database. My internel staff is using my PowerDNS server for Web surfing
> and stuff. This worked fine when I was still running BIND 9.

keep in mind powerdns is an authoritive nameserver. if you want to resolve "unknown" records you need an recursive nameserver.

have a look at the manual http://doc.powerdns.com/recursion.html and
http://doc.powerdns.com/built-in-recursor.html

Ueli

--
"The software said it requires Windows 95 or better,
                                                 so I installed Linux"