[Pdns-users] Re: Which NameServer IP Address Should I register with Domain Name ( Newbe Dumb Question)

sanyaade sanyaade at hotmail.com
Wed Jul 30 22:46:24 UTC 2003

Hi all,
Please help clarify the following:
I setup a local NameServer in my house with a NIC interface IP address
200.100.2.1
running pdns. I want to register my Domain name and run with this
nameserver.
Question:  1.) Can I give my Domain registriar this namesever and IP
address?
                 2.) How do I know if this IP address already being in use
by someone else?
                 3.) Do I have to register an IP address before I can use
it?
Please help clarify these areas of using NIC IP address on internet.
Thanks in advance and God blesses!!!

Best regards,
Sanyaade