[Pdns-users] Problem with AXFR - PowerDNS 2.9.10

Vinicius Correa vcorrea at plugin.com.br
Fri Jul 11 13:06:58 UTC 2003

Norbert,

There are somethings that I'm not understanding.
For example:

Why when I update the serial of a domain, PowerDNS tries to
notify himself and the resolver?

This results in following error messages:

- Received NOTIFY for "domain" from "IP of master server" but slave support
is disabled in the configuration

Off course that slave support is disabled ! It is the master of the domain,
and not the slave!

- Received unsuccesful notification report for "domain" from "IP of master
server", rcode: 4

What this means?

- syslog: unknown facility/priority: 3039

This is the last message. What is happening?

With the 2.9.8 version it works fine! What is wrong?

Thanks a lot!

Vinicius Correa