[Pdns-users] Severe PDNS Performace Problems (Long Mial Contains Config)

bert hubert ahu at ds9a.nl
Thu Feb 27 11:53:23 UTC 2003

On Thu, Feb 27, 2003 at 11:13:11AM -0000, AJ McKee wrote:
> Hi Again,
>
> As my last mail did not have enough information I will explain my setup
> here and the problems I am having.

Can you verify that you have functioning indexes in mysql? Can you specify,
in private perhaps, how many lookups you have and how many records?

> launch=mysql
> mysql-socket=/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock
> mysql-user=powerdns
> mysql-password=*******
> mysql-dbname=dns_server

do NOT do this. Run with *G*mysql.

> # receiver-threads	Number of receiver threads to launch
> #
> receiver-threads=10

Set this to 1 immediately. I bet it solves all your problems.

Regards,

bert

http://netherlabs.nl                         Consulting