[Pdns-users] oops - mailinglist problems

bert hubert ahu at ds9a.nl
Sat Feb 22 12:15:15 UTC 2003

Dear subscribers,

Due to a very stupid mistake we made (moving harddisks to another server,
but not moving the physical label), we took down the mailinglist server
knife.powerdns.com. Oops.

The mailinglists are now being moved to spoon.powerdns.com, which will also
respond to the name 'mailman.powerdns.com'.

Our sincerest apologies. Additionally, Mailman surprised me by sending you a
'big changes' message with all subscribers in the To: field, which is a bad
breach of your privacy. I had tested the message it sent out, but not
sending out a message to multiple subscribers.

There is one good thing though, we upgraded to Mailman 2.1.1 which has
additional filtering options and lots more goodies. Let us know of
everything works as intended, or what doesn't.

Regards,

bert

http://netherlabs.nl                         Consulting