[Pdns-users] Re: PowerDNS performance compared to othernameservers

Geier, Michael D Michael.D.Geier at erac.com
Tue Dec 2 17:29:54 UTC 2003

Thanks for the reply.

Currently thinking of:
	HP/Compaq DL360 servers x 2 ( 3.06 Xeon Procs, 2Gb RAM )
	Oracle running on in-house, remote server ( I wish I could use
MySQL; territorial issues )
	Dynamic Updates would almost exclusively come from Windows DHCP
server/Windows Clients ( 2000,XP,2003 )

This is really starting to sound like the 'killer app' for us here.  I
haven't been able to find any other product that handles both the SQL
backend (pretty much a requirement for our configuration here) and DDNS.

Thanks.

Michael Geier
Enterprise RAC, Network Operations, DNS Administrator
          email: Michael.D.Geier at erac.com
          phone: 314.512.4452