[Pdns-users] two questions

Steve Sobol sjsobol at JustThe.net
Fri Dec 5 05:38:13 UTC 2003

a) Is there any way, short of patching the source, that I can get pdns
to stop logging "Authoritative empty NO ERROR" messages for requests for
IPV6 resource records?

b)

"Dec  4 18:58:28 amethyst pdns[6867]: Received NOTIFY for mbpaints.com
from 209.190.4.41 but slave support is disabled in the configuration"

I've asked this before and gotten a semi-answer. In this case,
209.190.4.41 is my authoritative name server. My colo provider has three
name servers slaving my zones off my box. 209.190.4.41 itself only hosts
domains for which it is the master. How can I stop pdns from trying to
axfr zones from itself? (Or, I guess a more appropriate question would
be: How do I get pdns to stop sending NOTIFYs to itself?)

The last time I asked this, someone said to disable slave support in the
backend. However, I don't know of any way to turn off slave support for
any specific backend, just a way to turn it off globally... and my
pdns.conf does not contain the "slave" directive. Just "master."

TIA... SJS

--
JustThe.net Internet & New Media Services
22674 Motnocab Road * Apple Valley, CA 92307-1950