[Pdns-users] Multi-homed DNS?

Mister D misterd at shaw.ca
Fri Aug 29 17:56:36 UTC 2003

What about having an admin interface which hides the fact that your
requiring two databases? I'd like to be able to run two instances for the
same reasons described in the previous posts, and was thinking about an
admin interface which gave me the extra fields per record (internal name,
IP, etc) beside each external record entry, that way I can edit/add/delete
each at the same time, no more work than I usually incur when maintaining
the one DB, but that way both DB's are in sync with each other, etc, and
it's less of a headache for me to remember to change the other DB, etc. That
way your not hacking the PDNS DB and haviong to maintain a custom schema,
etc. I was thinking of adding a hack to PowerAdmin (which I use here) to
support this, thoughts/suggestions are welcome if you think this would help
those in this situation.

Dean