[Pdns-users] Automatic AXFR as slave with 2.9.10 doesn't seem to work right?

dpates at dsdk12.net dpates at dsdk12.net
Thu Aug 14 01:57:57 UTC 2003

Looking through the list archives, I saw someone mention this, and I saw
evidence of this problem today, when I switched our secondary nameserver over to
PowerDNS 2.9.10. A remote server (running BIND 9) sent PowerDNS 4 different
NOTIFY packets, which it acknowledged in its log, but didn't do anything with.
Then, when I used the pdns_control tool to force it to AXFR the zone, it AXFR'd
it 5 times - obviously one for each of the NOTIFYs it got, and one for the
explicit request I made. Is there a fix for this problem?

--
Derrik Pates
dpates at dsdk12.net
dpates at voxel.net