[Pdns-users] minor AXFR oddity?

Derrik Pates dpates at dsdk12.net
Sun Aug 3 13:32:50 UTC 2003

I'm working on final tweaking of a dedicated box running PowerDNS, with
custom management software (PHP4 + XML-RPC + HTML/JavaScript frontend)
so our clients will be able to manage their own domains. I'm a week or
less from deploying this machine, and so far I'm very pleased with what
PowerDNS has to offer. I've just noticed one minor oddity.

I was testing AXFR using the 'host' command, and noticed that when I do
a 'host -l -t any [domain]', I get the SOA record twice - once at the
start of the AXFR, once at the end. I've never seen this kind of
behavior with zone transfers before. Is this normal? Is it correct
behavior? Is it even worth worrying about?

Thanks for any assistance anyone can provide me with.

--
Derrik Pates
dpates at dsdk12.net
dpates at voxel.net