[Pdns-users] Problem with Multihomed pdns server...

bert hubert ahu at ds9a.nl
Thu Apr 24 21:09:57 UTC 2003

On Thu, Apr 24, 2003 at 03:07:53PM -0600, Matthew Walker wrote:

> Will it answer correctly on each interface?
>
> And if so, how do you do this inside the config file? (Would rather not do
> it from the command line...)

local-address=...

    Local IP address to which we bind. You can specify multiple addresses
separated by commas or whitespace. It is highly advised to bind to specific
interfaces and not use the default 'bind to any'. This causes big problems
if you have multiple IP addresses. Unix does not provide a way of figuring
out what IP address a packet was sent to when binding to any.

http://doc.powerdns.com/all-settings.html