[Pdns-users] Master operation

Adam H. Pendleton fmonkey at fmonkey.net
Wed Apr 16 12:01:30 UTC 2003

On Wed, 2003-04-16 at 02:16, Dan Durrer wrote:
> You can also update the domains soa serial value to 0 and it will
> auto_increment.

I think I read somewhere that I could exclude all information after the
serial number in the SOA.  Is that true?

I guess I understand the error that I received.  I have my nameserver
listed as a NS record for the domain.  When the notifications are
queued, my server notifies itself that an update is needed.  Since I am
not a slave of that domain I get an error.  That begs the question: Do I
need to list the master NS as a domain record?

ahp