[Pdns-users] Problems With pdns for some domains...

Matthew Walker mwalker at kydance.net
Tue Apr 22 23:37:33 UTC 2003

I'm managing a DNS server that hosts ~200 domains for my company, and we're
switching from BIND to pdns to get the enhanced functionality. Since we're
still in a conversion state, we're using the BIND backend to keep using our
old zone files until we're comfortable switching to a MySQL backend.

90% of the domains are working just fine, but for a few of the zones, the
server is claiming it isn't authoritative. There is nothing different about
these domains that I can find, and I was hoping someone could offer me some
advice about where to look.

Information:

OS: Linux 2.4.20 (Gentoo)
DNS Version: 2.8 (Linux Generic .tar.gz)
Monitor Address: http://216.190.203.133:8081/
Zone file for one of the problem domains:

-----------------------
$ORIGIN .
$TTL 259200     ; 3 days
mioplex-ogoplex-pure-extract.com.       IN SOA  ns1.kydance.net.
root.kydance.net. (
                                2003042202 ; serial
                                28800      ; refresh (8 hours)
                                7200       ; retry (2 hours)
                                2419200    ; expire (4 weeks)
                                86400      ; minimum (1 day)
                                )
                        NS      ns1.kydance.net.
                        NS      ns2.kydance.net.
                        NS      ns3.kydance.net.
                        NS      ns4.kydance.net.
                        A       216.190.203.211
                        MX      10 mail.mthmarketing.com.
                                ; Don't modify the mail line anymore

localhost               A       127.0.0.1
www                     CNAME   vhosting.mthmarketing.com.
                                ; Don't modify this either.

NS1 and NS2 are technically both the same machine, which is the one running
pdns. ns3 and ns4 are BIND servers that are set up as slave zones.

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Matthew Walker
ePliant Marketing