[Pdns-dev] PowerDNS Recursor 4.2.0 Release Candidate 2

Erik Winkels erik.winkels at open-xchange.com
Tue Jun 25 10:14:10 UTC 2019

Hello,

(via: https://blog.powerdns.com/2019/06/25/powerdns-recursor-4-2-0-release-candidate-2/ )

We just released PowerDNS Recursor 4.2.0 Release Candidate 2.

There have been some minor changes[1] since release candidate 1:

- #7955: Handle short reads from our random device
- #7953: Check if `-latomic` is needed instead of hardcoding
- #7939: Compare the `CacheKey` type and place first then the name
- #7931: Don’t mix `time()` and `gettimeofday()` in our unit tests
- #7954: `SuffixMatchTree` fixes

The tarball[2] (sig[3]) is available at downloads.powerdns.com and packages for CentOS 6 and 7, Debian Jessie, Stretch and Buster, Ubuntu Trusty, Xenial, Bionic and Cosmic are available from repo.powerdns.com.

Please send us all feedback and issues you might have via the mailing list[4], or in case of a bug, via GitHub[5].

[1] https://doc.powerdns.com/recursor/changelog/4.2.html#change-4.2.0-rc2
[2] https://downloads.powerdns.com/releases/pdns-recursor-4.2.0-rc2.tar.bz2
[3] https://downloads.powerdns.com/releases/pdns-recursor-4.2.0-rc2.tar.bz2.sig