[Pdns-dev] Authoritative first, then recursion mode

Andrew andrewm at afrihost.com
Mon Feb 25 09:13:07 UTC 2019

Hi there,

Our PDNS installations picked up an update to version 4.1.6 and all broke on account of the forward-to-recursor functionality being removed :p  I was sad, but I've cheered up.

Does the functionality to do authoritative first still exist in the new arrangement, or is it now unavoidable to list each zone handled by the authoritative server in the pdns-recursor configuration?

( We had it something like this:
	0.0.0.0:53     pdns-server -- pipe backend serving special domains
	127.0.0.1:5353 pdns-recursor

The idea is to be able to filter DNS queries, and to provide some custom responses that are appropriate for our network, e.g. to be able to treat certain customers with special rules. )

--
Our parents ate 3G of bitter GPRS, and our bluetooth is set on EDGE