[Pdns-dev] Backend destructor never called

Grégory Oestreicher greg at kamago.net
Sat Sep 17 09:24:01 UTC 2016

Hi All,

Tested with PowerDNS master when doing some maintenance work on the LDAP
backend it seems that the backend destructor is never called. There's a
bit of cleanup I'd like to do (removing the Kerberos credentials cache
file) but this never happens.

Tracing it it seems that when the main process receives a SIGTERM it
will in turn send a SIGKILL to all children, terminating them abruptly.
At least that's what I got from a quick skim at the code. Is this really
what happens? What are the reasons behind this? If that's not what's
really happening do you have any idea why the backend destructor is
never called?

Cheers,
Grégory