[Pdns-dev] PowerDNS Authoritative Server 4.0.0-alpha2 released

Justin Clift justin at postgresql.org
Thu Feb 25 17:30:13 UTC 2016

On 2016-02-25 15:50, Pieter Lexis wrote:
<snip>
>     #3176, #3139 OpenSSL support (Christian Hofstaedtler and Kees
> Monshouwer)
>     #3128 ECDSA support to DNSSEC infra via OpenSSL (Kees Monshouwer)
>     #3281, #3283, #3363 Remove Crypto++ and mbedTLS support

Out of curiosity, why the move towards OpenSSL? :)

Only asking because many OSS projects are moving *away* from it, due
to OpenSSL's repeated (severe) vulnerabilities and known-lousy code
base.

Gluster was thinking about shifting away from OpenSSL a while back too,
and
alternatives such as PolarSSL, LibreSSL (etc) were raised in discussion.

PowerDNS was an example I pointed out of PolarSSL usage, so it's not
empty
curiosity. :)

Regards and best wishes,

Justin Clift