[Pdns-dev] Why not let comments can be used in the forward-zones-file?

Peter van Dijk peter.van.dijk at powerdns.com
Tue Sep 1 08:22:46 CEST 2015

Hello,

I saw your other email about the patch working - great! This email will
just clarify a few things.

On 30 Aug 2015, at 15:27, Hongyi Zhao wrote:

> On the webpage you given here, I also noticed the following
> descriptions
> at the bottom of that webpage:
>
> ----
> This branch has conflicts that must be resolved
> Only those with write access to this repository can merge pull
> requests.
> ----
>
> So, I'm not sure whether the git version of pdns can be used or not
> for
> now.

Whether a specific patch is currently mergeable or not (because it is
conflicted) tells you nothing about the state and quality of git master,
or even of the patch - just that the two have gone out of sync.

> Several days before, I've tried to compile the git version of pdns-
> recursor, which had the version as follows at that time:  pdns-
> recursor-0.0.gf997fb0.dirty
>
> Just as the name said -- the git version was dirty at that time --
> though
> I compiled it successfully, but I finally obtained a not-working
> binary
> file.

‘dirty’ just means you had local changes on top of that git
revision.

As far as I can see f997fb0 should work just fine, by the way.

Kind regards,
--
Peter van Dijk