[Pdns-dev] PowerDNS Authoritative Server 3.4.3 released

Pieter Lexis pieter.lexis at powerdns.com
Mon Mar 2 16:02:53 CET 2015

Hi everybody,

We're pleased to announce the immediate availability of the PowerDNS
Authoritative Server version 3.4.3. This release is an iteration over
3.4.2, mainly fixing small issues, correcting wrong behavior in tools
and adding work to the experimental API.

One major change is the fact we now send REFUSED AA=0 instead of NOERROR
AA=1 for domains that we have no knowledge of. Read the blog[1] for more
information.

Tar.gz and packages are available on:

* https://downloads.powerdns.com/releases/
* Soon: https://www.monshouwer.eu/download/3rd_party/pdns/
   (RHEL/CentOS, with the usual huge thanks to Kees Monshouwer).

The changelog with clickable links can also be found at the usual spot[2].

Bug fixes:
 * pdns_control: exit 1 on unknown command (Ruben Kerkhof)
 * evaluate KSK ZSK pairs per algorithm (Kees Monshouwer)
 * always set di.notified_serial in getAllDomains (Kees Monshouwer)
 * pdns_control: don't open socket in /tmp (Ruben Kerkhof)

New features:
 * Limit who can send us AXFR notify queries (Ruben Kerkhof)

Improvements:
 * respond REFUSED instead of NOERROR for "unknown zone" situations
 * Check for Lua 5.3 (Ruben Kerkhof)
 * Check compiler for relro support instead of linker (Ruben Kerkhof)
 * Replace PacketHandler with UeberBackend where possible (Christian
Hofstaedtler)
 * PacketHandler: Share UeberBackend with DNSSECKeeper (Christian
Hofstaedtler)
 * fix building with GCC 5

1 - http://blog.powerdns.com/2015/03/02/from-noerror-to-refused/
2 - https://doc.powerdns.com/md/changelog/#powerdns-authoritative-server-343