[Pdns-dev] Why not let comments can be used in the forward-zones-file?

Hongyi Zhao hongyi.zhao at gmail.com
Sun Aug 30 15:27:44 CEST 2015

On Sun, 30 Aug 2015 12:32:33 +0200, Pieter Lexis wrote:

> PowerDNS 4.0 will allow comments in forward-zones-file. If you already
> need this functionality, you can find the patch in a pull request[1].

Good, thanks a lot. Another issues:

Do you mean the patching file (https://github.com/PowerDNS/pdns/
pull/2554.patch) can be used for the released version, say, for my case,
pdns-recursor-3.7.3?

> Best regards,
>
> Pieter
>
> 1 - https://github.com/PowerDNS/pdns/pull/2554

On the webpage you given here, I also noticed the following descriptions
at the bottom of that webpage:

----
This branch has conflicts that must be resolved
Only those with write access to this repository can merge pull requests.
----

So, I'm not sure whether the git version of pdns can be used or not for
now.  Several days before, I've tried to compile the git version of pdns-
recursor, which had the version as follows at that time:  pdns-
recursor-0.0.gf997fb0.dirty

Just as the name said -- the git version was dirty at that time -- though
I compiled it successfully, but I finally obtained a not-working binary
file.

Reards
--
.: Hongyi Zhao [ hongyi.zhao AT gmail.com ] Free as in Freedom :.