[Pdns-dev] PowerDNS Recursor 3.6.2 released

Peter van Dijk peter.van.dijk at netherlabs.nl
Thu Oct 30 14:27:50 CET 2014

Hi everybody,

version 3.6.2 of the PowerDNS Recursor is now available from
https://www.powerdns.com/downloads.html

Kees Monshouwer provides native RHEL5/6 packages at
http://www.monshouwer.eu/download/3rd_party/pdns-recursor/

Full release notes, with clickable links, are available from:
http://doc.powerdns.com/html/changelog.html#changelog-recursor-3.6.2

3.6.2 is the best version of the PowerDNS Recursor currently available, and we
recommend upgrading to it.

This is a bugfix update to 3.6.1.

 A list of changes since 3.6.1 follows.

     * gab14b4f: expedite servfail generation for ezdns-like
       failures (fully abort query resolving if we hit more than
       50 outqueries)

     * g42025be: PowerDNS now polls the security status of a
       release at startup and periodically. More detail on this
       feature, and how to turn it off, can be found in Section 2,
       "Security polling".

     * g5027429: We did not transmit the right 'local' socket
       address to Lua for TCP/IP queries in the recursor. In
       addition, we would attempt to lookup a filedescriptor that
       wasn't there in an unlocked map which could conceivably
       lead to crashes. Closes t1828, thanks Winfried for
       reporting

     * g752756c: Sync embedded yahttp copy. API: Replace HTTP
       Basic auth with static key in custom header

     * g6fdd40d: add missing #include <pthread.h> to
       rec-channel.hh (this fixes building on OS X).