[Pdns-dev] Cassandra backend

List list at airstreamcomm.net
Tue Nov 4 21:45:24 CET 2014

On 11/4/14, 2:04 PM, bert hubert wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 04, 2014 at 02:00:34PM -0600, List wrote:
>> Hello, new to PDNS and wondering if there is a CQL Cassandra backend
>> that's been created, or one in the works?  We utilize Cassandra for
>> a number of services and would like to give multi-datacenter
>> availability to our zone records if possible, so it came to mind
>> that PDNS might be able to do this.
> Hi "List",
>
> PowerDNS contributor Ruben Kerkhof wrote a Remotebackend based
> implementation: https://github.com/rubenk/pdns-cassandra
>
> This may be helpful! The remote backend has high performance, so don't let
> the 'remoteness' worry you too much on this front.
>
> Good luck!
>
> 	Bert

Awesome, this is exactly what I was looking for.  Especially being
written in python which would allow us to customize and add a much
needed IP rate limiter using distributed counter columns, custom
domain, and custom template responses for forward/reverse zones for IP
allocations we have.  Actually looking at this code I could probably
recreate this in node.js very easily and get the asynchronous power of
that language to speed things up even more. Thank you very much!