[Pdns-dev] custom gpgsql-delete-zone-query value not taking effect in pdns-3.3.1

Tod A. Sandman sandmant at rice.edu
Thu Mar 20 01:39:41 CET 2014

pdns-3.3.1 with postgresql backend on Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server release 6.5

For years we've used PDNS with Ken Marshall's "patch to improve SQL db AXFR performance".  Up through pdns-3.3 all worked great.  With pdns-3.3.1, though, the non-default gpgsql-delete-zone-query value specified in pdns.conf seems to be ignored.  Running Postgresql (9.3.2) in debug mode, the default (delete from records where domain_id=%d) is clearly getting called instead.

I went ahead and rebuilt pdns-3.3.1 from scratch without the patch, and I had the same result.

To rule out our build process, I installed pdns from epel today:

  pdns-3.3.1-1.el6.x86_64
  pdns-backend-postgresql-3.3.1-1.el6.x86_64

and I had the same result.

The diff between pdns-3.3 and pdns-3.3.1 seems quite trivial, and I can't figure out why this is happening.

Any ideas?

Tod Sandman
Sr. Systems Administrator
Middleware Development & Integration