[Pdns-dev] edns-subnet-partial-processing

Posner, Sebastian s.posner at telekom.de
Thu Feb 6 18:43:22 CET 2014

Aki Tuomi wrote:

> > Or you can see if RemoteBackend works better for you, it gives you
> > more control over responses. See
> > http://doc.powerdns.com/remotebackend.html

Once Openstack moves from RappitMQ to 0MQ, this might really
get interesting; but for now the simpicity of the pipebackend-API
is just the complexity I can handle :-D

ATM, it's a POC; if it works and is not obsoleted by upstream
improvements, it might be developed into something more performant/

> Also, EDNS prosessing has been changed after 3.0, so I suggest you
> consider upgrading to the latest stable version. It should fix the
> caching problem.

Caching is now completely skewed the other way; backend is called for
every single request, even if scopebits and ttl would allow for caching.
This might produce lots of unneccesary load in the backend, making it
neccessary to do deploy more intricate caching strategies already there :-/
And not needing to care (too much) about caching was exactly the main
reason for me to go with a backend instead of a complete nameserver..

Mit freundlichen Grüßen,

Sebastian
--
Sebastian Posner