[Pdns-dev] confused by git release tags

Peter van Dijk peter.van.dijk at netherlabs.nl
Sat Nov 9 18:49:18 CET 2013

Hello James,

On Nov 9, 2013, at 18:29 , James Cloos wrote:

> PvD> When we release minor versions (like 3.5.1-3.5.3), this is our process (described based on 3.5.3):
> PvD> - create a branch rel/rec-3.5.3 off of the rec-3.5.2 tag
>
> Perhaps those rel/ branches should be pushed to the github repo?
>
> As it is (checked on a fresh clone), the only rel/ branch available is
> remotes/origin/rel/auth-3.3.1.

The rel/ branches live in our github repo until we tag their head; then we remove them. I figured a tag would be just as good.

If there is demand, I'm happy to reinstate the rel/ branches for the tags that have been generated from one, and to stop removing them in the future. It would help if I understood what use case we are fixing with it, though :)

Kind regards,
--
Peter van Dijk
Netherlabs Computer Consulting BV - http://www.netherlabs.nl/