[Pdns-dev] Problem with slave transfers

Oliver Peter lists at peter.de.com
Fri Oct 12 12:14:40 CEST 2012

Hi Coen,

On Fri, Oct 12, 2012 at 09:31:13AM +0000, Coen Rosdorff wrote:
> Hello list,
>
> On Monday we experienced a problem with our primary nameserver.
> The powerdns process stopped with the transfer of slave domains. The "queued for AXFR" counter kept rising.

What about  slave-cycle-interval ?

" Periodically, PDNS schedules checks to see if domains are still fresh.
The default slave-cycle-interval is 60 seconds, large installations may
need to raise this value. Once a domain has been checked, it will not be
checked before its SOA refresh timer has expired. Domains whose status is
unknown get checked every 60 seconds by default. "

http://doc.powerdns.com/generic-mypgsql-backends.html

Also, what about manual zone tranfers of your primary?  Could be that
something is happening in betweend the two servers.

Your 'anonymized' pdns.conf would help, too.

Cheers
Oliver

--
Oliver PETER       oliver at opdns.de       0x456D688F