[Pdns-dev] A & CNAME

David Saez eslist at ols.es
Wed Jan 4 12:31:18 CET 2012

Hi

so, for every request, powerdns does not a CNAME databse lookup and then
a A database
lookup if it did notr find the CNAME record, right ?

if this is true and your zones contain more A records than CNAME records
, then most of
the CNAME databse lookups are useless (and take valuable resources), for
those cases
it's possible to save those lookups by:

a) first do the A lookup and the then CNAME lookup

or

b) allow hostnames in the A record and when found return a CNAME