[Pdns-dev] Auth server 3.0.1 not handling DS queries properly

Peter van Dijk peter.van.dijk at netherlabs.nl
Fri Feb 24 14:44:47 CET 2012

Hello Alexander,

On Feb 24, 2012, at 14:34 , Alexander Gall wrote:

> This renders insecure delegations bogus.  Unless I'm overlooking
> something here, this needs to be fixed ASAP.

Issues regarding delegations (both secure and insecure) have been brought to our attention very recently by another user. There are certainly issues with the current PowerDNS behaviour in this area. We are working on a complete and robust fix; your report is a useful test case for us. I hope to provide an update on this subject next week.

Our apologies for your troubles.

Kind regards,
Peter van Dijk