[Pdns-dev] PowerDNS Authoritative Server 3.1-rc3 (FINAL!) released
Peter van Dijk
peter.van.dijk at netherlabs.nl
Mon Apr 30 17:32:38 CEST 2012
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Release Candidate 3 of the PowerDNS Authoritative Server 3.1 is now available!
We strongly believe that this will be the final RC before the release of 3.1!
Get it at:
Additionaly, Kees Monshouwer has kindly provided native builds for RHEL/CentOS
5 and 6 at http://www.monshouwer.eu/download/3rd_party/pdns-server/rc3/
You are cordially invited to (carefully) test this Release Candidate for
correct behaviour. Specifically, if you are using any backends other than
gmysql, gpgsql, gsqlite3 or bind, PLEASE test this candidate.
Full release notes, with clickable links, are available from:
Changes between RC2 and RC3:
* The hidden test-algorithms command for pdnssec now has a little brother
'test-algorithm X'. Code in commit 2596, by Aki Tuomi.
* PolarSSL upgraded to 1.1.2 due to weak RSA key generation (commit 2586). If
you created RSA keys with RC1 or RC2 using PolarSSL, please replace them!
This upgrade introduced a slowdown; speedup patch in commit 2593.
* It turns out we were using libmysqlclient in a thread-unsafe manner. This
issue was reported and painstakingly debugged by Marc Haber. Presumably
fixed in commit 2591.
* Updated a bunch of internal counters to be threadsafe. Code in commit 2579.
* NSEC(3) bitmaps can now cover RRtypes above 255. Reported by Michael
Braunoeder, patch by Aki Tuomi in commit 2590.
* pdnssec check-zone now reports MBOXFW and URL records (as those are
unsupported since 3.0). Reported by Gerwin Krist of Digitalus, patch by
Ruben d'Arco. Closes ticket 446.
* The odbcbackend was removed. It only runs on Windows and Windows is
unsupported since 3.0. Removal in commit 2576.
* We used to send the chunk length and the actual chunk in two separate
writes (often resulting in two separate TCP packets) during outbound AXFR.
This confused MSDNS. We now combine those writes. Code in commit 2575.
* The bindbackend can now run without SQLite3, as previously intended. Fix in
* Some high-concurrency master setups would crash under load. Fixed in commit
Peter van Dijk
Netherlabs Computer Consulting BV - http://www.netherlabs.nl/
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG/MacGPG2 v2.0.17 (Darwin)
Comment: GPGTools - http://gpgtools.org
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----
More information about the Pdns-dev