[Pdns-dev] exit when max-queue-length exceeded?

bert hubert bert.hubert at netherlabs.nl
Thu Jun 2 22:46:24 CEST 2011

On Thu, Jun 02, 2011 at 01:10:36PM -0700, Zane Thomas wrote:
> Cross-posting to dev
>
> On Wed, Jun 1, 2011 at 9:35 AM, Zane Thomas <zane.thomas at gmail.com> wrote:
>

> > I think I'd like to see an option which provided for queries to be simply
> > dropped until the queue was back to a reasonable size. The idea being to try
> > to avoid having to restart when hit with a query flood.

Usually a query backlog is indicative of database server problems, at which
point a reconnect attempt is in order.

However, I can see the logic of your request, but not pre-3.0.

Can you open a ticket on http://wiki.powerdns.com ? Usually does the trick.
(read the instructions on usernames/passwords carefully)

	Bert