[Pdns-dev] naptr

James Cloos cloos at jhcloos.com
Tue Apr 26 18:45:16 CEST 2011

I tried out a naptr again.

I used pgsql's $ quoting to ensure that the quoting was unassailable.

The only improvement over my last attempt is that pdns did not spin in a
infinite-appearing 100% CPU loop like it used to.

But it still couldn't server the RR.  And AXFRs of that zone still failed.

 insert into records (domain_id, name, type, content)
  values ( 1, '4.3.example.com', 'NAPTR', $C$100 10 "u" "E2U+sip" !^\+*([^\*]*)!sip:\1 at example.com!$C$);

The regexp is from an existing, valid NAPTR in current production use,
with only the domain changed to example.com.  (As you might guess it
is designed for wildcard use and ISN-style 1234*987 dial-strings.)

I *think* this is the error from syslog triggered by an axfr when the
naptr rr was in records:

pdns[9740]: TCP Connection Thread died because of STL error:
            Reading from socket in Signing Pipe loop:
            Connection reset by peer

Once I deleted that rr axfrs worked again.

-JimC