[Pdns-dev] Lua script to run when DNS entry IS found

Michael Fielding michael.fielding at read4sure.com
Sat Oct 23 11:32:33 CEST 2010

I would like to invert the status of the DNS database, to create a
blacklist: for anything NOT in the DNS database, a constant entry is
returned; for anything IN the database, NXDOMAIN is returned.

The nxdomain script function will be called when an entry is NOT
found, and I could return what I need. But is it possible to intercept
any *resolved* request and override to return NXDOMAIN?
(Alternatively, use a preresolve function and check try to resolve in
the script itself.)

many thanks,

Michael