[Pdns-dev] Heavily patched OracleBackend
maik.zumstrull at rz.uni-karlsruhe.de
Fri May 7 16:50:33 CEST 2010
This updates the Oracle backend included with PowerDNS 2.9.22
(oraclebackend, not goraclebackend), with the following major changes:
- Generally uses recommended APIs for Oracle 11g
- Uses a session pool instead of individual connections
- Uses explicit keyed statement caching and row prefetching
- Supports all PowerDNS modes (Native, Master, Slave, Superslave)
- Altered default database schema
- OracleException now extends DBException
- Debug and timing code removed
- ORACLE_HOME / ORACLE_SID can not be set with PowerDNS options
(instead, the initscript reads /etc/default/pdns)
- Normal Makefile.am instead of strange Makefile.in
- Documentation has not been updated yet.
- The altered schema isn't mandatory, by not using the default queries
it should be possible to adapt to any somewhat reasonable schema.
- Currently only one set of credentials and queries can be used
for all instances of oraclebackend in the same server instance.
This has only undergone very light testing so far, but appears to
basically work. Feedback is appreciated.
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 13377 bytes
Desc: not available
More information about the Pdns-dev