[Pdns-dev] Explicit Notification

Markus Lauer mlauer at key-systems.net
Fri Dec 10 15:39:02 CET 2010

Hi Shane,

I think you're not right.

'also-notify' is not 'explicit-notify'. Please refer to the BIND docs.

'also-notify' ALSO notifies additional IPs, but it does not prevent notifies to
NS records (see communicator.cc).
'also-notify' in trunk needs backend support. That is, that you can configure
these IPs dynamically. I believe 'explicit-notify' should be configured
'statically' in conf file.

But thanks for your efforts anyway.

Markus.

Am Freitag 10 Dezember 2010, 15:20:18 schrieben Sie: