[Pdns-dev] Powerdns rev1361 and newer on Big Endian Machines

Juergen Ilse powerdns at usenet-verwaltung.de
Fri Jun 26 13:52:19 CEST 2009

Hello,

I tried to use pdns_server (rev1363, rev1365, rev1366) on a Sparc machine
with Solaris8 (compiled with gcc-3.4.6 using mysql backend and pdns_recursor
3.1.7 as recursing backend). I noticed, that this combination did *not* work:
i got error-messages like

Jun 18 10:47:29 ns6 pdns[13946]: [ID 702911 local0.error] Discarding untracked p
acket from recursor backend with id 27240. Contrack table size=3

which disappear when i comment out (or remove) the lines between

#ifdef WORDS_BIGENDIAN

#endif

in pdns/dnsproxy.cc (it is line 174 in rev1366). Maybe these lines are a
relict of older sources and are not needed any more. rev1341 worked *with*
these lines in dnsproxy.cc, rev1366 seem to work only *without* these lines
in dnsproxy.cc on Big endian machines (like Sparc) ...

I have not yet searched, wich changes in the source made these lines
unnecessary, but i think it is a bug in these newer releases in svn,
which needs to be corrected (it only appears on Big Endian machines,
because on other machines these line were not compiled because
WORDS_BIGENDIAN will not be defined ...).

I would be glad, if you fix these issue in the current svn source.
Thank you.

bye,
	Juergen Ilse
--
Ein Domainname (auch wenn er Teil einer Mailadresse ist) ist nur ein Name,
nicht mehr und nicht weniger ...