[Pdns-dev] Re: BIND backend support for allow-query in named.conf

Brendan Oakley gentux2 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 23 14:42:33 CEST 2008

On 9/12/08, Leen Besselink wrote:

> I was thinking maybe in /etc/powerdns/pdns.conf add an extra entry:
>
>  acl-from=/etc/powerdns/acl
>
>  in acl:
>
>  domain.tld { 192.168.1.0/24 };
>
>  That is what I meant with all backend's. :-)

I thought about this option carefully. I do not think I would favor
doing it this way. It is preferable for each backend to store the ACL
in its own way, along with the rest of the DomainInfo config. For the
BIND backend, you expect to set this in named.conf. For SQL backends,
you might even want to configure it in one of the web-based admin
tools. Otherwise it seems like a function of the PowerDNS front-end,
which it is not.

Thanks.
Brendan