[Pdns-dev] Bison, Flex required to build now

Chris Savery chrissavery at gmail.com
Wed Sep 3 09:27:30 CEST 2008

Hello,
I've taken the next step and am trying to build the latest svn so that I
can make changes to support geo caching / views / split horizon.
I got the svn code ok and bootstrapped it and started to build.
It gave me errors about needing yacc - so I installed bison to cover that.
But then I got errors about needing flex. Installing that didn't help
though.
Where should I go from here to finish make?
I'm on Ubuntu 8.04.

BTW I noticed that the packetcache code has been re-written to use Boost
Multi Index containers. That's looks pretty nice. I had already coded a
few changes to cache with remote ip as part of the key but I'll have to
change that now to work with the new code as I also want the new ability
to set a max-cache-entry value. I was just going to concat the ip value
to the end of the name so that the pair make a unique key for any
particular area.

Lastly, any suggestions on how one can test the dns by spoofing IPs
values? I can test easily enough with localhost but what I need is a way
to send requests as though they originated from around the world. I
would guess there is some tool that can send a request with a chosen
source ip?

Thank you if you can help with how to finish this build.
Chris :)