[Pdns-dev] Re: Support for RR types

bert hubert bert.hubert at netherlabs.nl
Sat Mar 1 20:37:13 CET 2008

On Sat, Mar 01, 2008 at 07:38:52PM +0100, Norbert Sendetzky wrote:
> Hi Bert
>
> I would like to ask you if some of these DNS resource records will be
> supported in the future:
>
> "wKSRecord",   (might be historical)
> "mInfoRecord",   (might be historical)

Won't be supported (WKS, MINFO I assume?)

> "SigRecord",

I think this is deprecated. RRSIG is supported though.

> "gPosRecord",   (might be superseeded by LOC)

Indeed - I had never heard of it.

> "kXRecord",

Never head of it, and it has never been requested, but it looks interesting
so I just implemented it in cs 1144.

> "certRecord",

Is there already.

> "a6Record",   (might be irrelevant due to AAAA)

Won't happen, unless something significant changes.

> "dNameRecord",

I find DNAME to be scary, and it has a lot of implications for a nameserver.
Unless something changes significantly, it is unlikely to be supported. If a
lot of people ask for it, of course.

> "aPLRecord",

Probably not now, looks like work. See 'dname'.

> "dSRecord",
> "sSHFPRecord",

Are both there.

> "iPSecKeyRecord",