[Pdns-dev] RE: Extending the LDAP Backend - Slave replication

Adrian Overbury adrian at inomial.com
Fri Apr 18 17:20:26 CEST 2008

Hi,

Further on my efforts to extend the LDAP backend to allow some
customisation of the schema used for finding an returning DNS records,
I'm curious about how the slave replication process works.  Does the
LDAP backend even support master/slave states?  If not, I wonder how
much work would be involved in getting it to support it.

You see, while our servers will be authoritative masters for one set of
domains, people pay us to simply be an off-site slave server for the
domains that they then host, so we need to be able to receive their
updates, and insert that into our ldap database.  I'm willing to do the
work to add this functionality, if necessary, but if there's code
already in place that I can simply alter to work with my configurable
schema, I'd be much happier :)

Regards,

Adrian