[Pdns-dev] Re: [patch] LDAP connect timeout

Norbert Sendetzky norbert at linuxnetworks.de
Sun Jul 8 15:49:43 CEST 2007

Hi Bert

> > > So is it more portable? Does it solve problems?
> >
> > Yes, it's portable across platforms (Linux, BSD, Solaris) because it's
> > part of the C99 standard.
>
> Just like 'stdint.h' - hence my question, does the move to inttypes.h from
> stdint.h solve any observed problems?

True but stdint.h isn't really portable because Solaris defines types in
sys/types.h instead as far as I remember. Therefore we've added the
preprocessor directives for

if stdint.h -> include stdint.h
else include sys/types.h

to the headers. I would like to get rid of them and inttypes.h works on all
platforms I've been looking for (except Windows, but it hasn't the other two
headers either).

Norbert
--
OpenPGP public key