[Pdns-dev] PowerDNS Recursor 3.1.2 released!

bert hubert bert.hubert at netherlabs.nl
Tue Jun 27 22:53:08 CEST 2006

On Tue, Jun 27, 2006 at 10:41:08AM -0600, Darren Gamble wrote:

> We still see the same problems with the same type of domains, where the
> cache somehow gets different TTLs in the same RRset.

Can you try http://wiki.powerdns.com/projects/trac/changeset/865 ?

I had pondered this patch long and hard before releasing but decided it
wasn't necessary. It has been tested for a few nights on the testbed and I
consider it safe, it did not affect our test results in any measurable way.

But still keep an eye on it.

I can only think of a race condition where the bad data would just arrive
behind the good packet, the new check guards against this situation.

> I tried to dump the cache contents for troubleshooting, but this caused
> the pdns process to crash.  The process only logged "STL Exception:
> basic_string::at" at the time of the crash...

Hmm, odd. I'll look into that separately.

Thanks for the report, I hope this will solve the problem.