[Pdns-dev] Re: PowerDNS Recursor 3.1.2 Release Candidate 1, please consider testing

Christof Meerwald cmeerw at web.de
Fri Jun 23 17:42:41 CEST 2006

On Sun, 18 Jun 2006 20:42:31 +0200, bert hubert wrote:
> So, please test 3.1.2-rc1, available on:

I am just giving it a try, but I noticed that the epoll multiplexer didn't
work out of the box. The reason appears to be that I am using a 2.6.8 kernel
here (I don't have any choice) and this kernel returns EFAULT when trying to
do an EPOLL_CTL_DEL with the event ptr == NULL. The workaround is quite
trivial to pass a dummy event in EpollFDMultiplexer::removeFD:

[...]
  struct epoll_event eevent;
  eevent.events = 0;
  eevent.data.u64 = 0;

  if(epoll_ctl(d_epollfd, EPOLL_CTL_DEL, fd, &eevent) < 0)
[...]

bye, Christof

http://cmeerw.org                              sip:cmeerw at cmeerw.org
mailto:cmeerw at web.de                       xmpp:cmeerw at cmeerw.org