[Pdns-dev] building pdns-recursor 3.1.1 on OpenBSD 3.9

Eric Sproul esproul at omniti.com
Tue Jun 6 11:26:37 CEST 2006

Hi,
I asked about this on IRC yesterday, but then my connection was
interrupted so I might have missed a response.  I'm trying to build the
latest pdns-recursor (3.1.1) on OpenBSD 3.9, and getting nowhere.  I
would like to run pdns, but I think there may be a required header that
OpenBSD lacks, namely ucontext.h.  I googled a bit yesterday and it
seems that OpenBSD and MacOS X are the two platforms that do not include
this thing, and pdns needs it.  The FAQ entry about OpenBSD refers to
problems that are several years old, so I had hoped I could get it to build.

I get the following result, culminating in the error about ucontext.
Hopefully I haven't missed something obvious in my build environment.  :)

Any advice or assistance would be appreciated.  If I can't make this
work, that's OK.  I'd just prefer to use pdns if possible.
Thanks,
Eric

:~$ uname -srmv
OpenBSD 3.9 GENERIC.MP#598 i386

:~$ gcc --version
gcc (GCC) 3.3.5 (propolice)

:pdns-recursor-3.1.1$ CXXFLAGS=-I/home/esproul/src/boost_1_33_1 gmake
g++ -I/home/esproul/src/boost_1_33_1 -Wall -O3  -MM -MG *.cc *.hh > dep
g++: ahuexception.hh: linker input file unused because linking not done
g++: arguments.hh: linker input file unused because linking not done
g++: base64.hh: linker input file unused because linking not done
g++: dns.hh: linker input file unused because linking not done
g++: dnsparser.hh: linker input file unused because linking not done
g++: dnsrecords.hh: linker input file unused because linking not done
g++: dnswriter.hh: linker input file unused because linking not done
g++: iputils.hh: linker input file unused because linking not done
g++: lock.hh: linker input file unused because linking not done
g++: logger.hh: linker input file unused because linking not done
g++: lwres.hh: linker input file unused because linking not done
g++: misc.hh: linker input file unused because linking not done
g++: mplexer.hh: linker input file unused because linking not done
g++: mtasker.hh: linker input file unused because linking not done
g++: ntservice.hh: linker input file unused because linking not done
g++: qtype.hh: linker input file unused because linking not done
g++: rcpgenerator.hh: linker input file unused because linking not done
g++: rec_channel.hh: linker input file unused because linking not done
g++: recursor_cache.hh: linker input file unused because linking not done
g++: recursorservice.hh: linker input file unused because linking not done
g++: singleton.hh: linker input file unused because linking not done
g++: sstuff.hh: linker input file unused because linking not done
g++: syncres.hh: linker input file unused because linking not done
g++: utility.hh: linker input file unused because linking not done
g++: win32_mtasker.hh: linker input file unused because linking not done
g++: zoneparser-tng.hh: linker input file unused because linking not done

PLEASE READ: If you get an error mentioning #include
<boost/something.hpp>, please read README
PLEASE READ: for an easy fix!

g++ -I/home/esproul/src/boost_1_33_1 -Wall -O3    -c -o syncres.o syncres.cc
In file included from syncres.hh:4,
                  from syncres.cc:20:
dns.hh:179:1: warning: "LITTLE_ENDIAN" redefined
In file included from /usr/include/machine/endian.h:68,
                  from /usr/include/sys/types.h:45,
                  from /usr/include/sys/param.h:56,
                  from /usr/include/arpa/inet.h:64,
                  from utility.hh:42,
                  from syncres.cc:19:
/usr/include/sys/endian.h:46:1: warning: this is the location of the
previous definition
In file included from syncres.hh:4,
                  from syncres.cc:20:
dns.hh:180:1: warning: "BIG_ENDIAN" redefined
In file included from /usr/include/machine/endian.h:68,
                  from /usr/include/sys/types.h:45,
                  from /usr/include/sys/param.h:56,
                  from /usr/include/arpa/inet.h:64,
                  from utility.hh:42,
                  from syncres.cc:19:
/usr/include/sys/endian.h:47:1: warning: this is the location of the
previous definition
In file included from syncres.hh:4,
                  from syncres.cc:20:
dns.hh:181:1: warning: "PDP_ENDIAN" redefined
In file included from /usr/include/machine/endian.h:68,
                  from /usr/include/sys/types.h:45,
                  from /usr/include/sys/param.h:56,
                  from /usr/include/arpa/inet.h:64,
                  from utility.hh:42,
                  from syncres.cc:19:
/usr/include/sys/endian.h:48:1: warning: this is the location of the
previous definition
In file included from syncres.hh:4,
                  from syncres.cc:20:
dns.hh:188:1: warning: "BYTE_ORDER" redefined
In file included from /usr/include/machine/endian.h:68,
                  from /usr/include/sys/types.h:45,
                  from /usr/include/sys/param.h:56,
                  from /usr/include/arpa/inet.h:64,
                  from utility.hh:42,
                  from syncres.cc:19:
/usr/include/sys/endian.h:49:1: warning: this is the location of the
previous definition
In file included from syncres.hh:20,
                  from syncres.cc:20:
mtasker.hh:27:22: ucontext.h: No such file or directory
gmake: *** [syncres.o] Error 1