[Pdns-users] Re: [Pdns-dev] Re: Domains with binary (e.g. UTF-8)labels

bert hubert bert.hubert at netherlabs.nl
Wed Dec 20 00:45:27 CET 2006

On Wed, Dec 20, 2006 at 01:20:41AM -0500, Dean Anderson wrote:
> > > Please stop patronizing me.  I know what UTF-8 is.  If the database
> > (...)
> > > then why did you have me file it?  (And have you actually read my ticket?
> Yikes.  Julian has a point. If you're __planning__ to blow him off, why
> have him file a ticket?  That isn't the "open source" community way of

I wasn't - but I care about 'form'. I do not appreciate being spoken to in
the way discribed above. If you want stuff changed, either convince an open
source project, or sponsor the changes you desire. You do not berate the
author, it makes no sense, it does not work.

On the other hand, I was in a pretty foul mood when that message came in.
But still, it is NOT the best way to get an open source project to do
something. I recommend grovelling.

Beating people around with quotes from the holy RFCs is not enough -
especially if the author of said open source program has come to realise not
all RFCs are holy.

	bert