[Pdns-dev] Survey clarifications, now also online

bert hubert bert.hubert at netherlabs.nl
Wed Oct 5 22:50:42 CEST 2005

Dear PowerDNS people,

By popular demand, the survey can now also be completed online:
http://powerdns.com/en/survey.aspx - but also feel free to reply to the
original email.

Besides some very very good suggestions and answers, we've had some
less favourable reactions to the survey which I'd like to address, although
I'm sorry at having to spam you again.

1) The data you supply will not be used for marketing purposes, even
though the return address is 'sales at powerdns.com'. Feel free to send
the answers to me personally as well.

2) Even though we mention support agreements a lot, we will not be
reducing the level of community support, or economizing on the online
documentation. The opposite in fact. There are some open source
projects that appear to draw people into support contracts by having
bad online documentation, we won't do that.

3) You don't need to answer all questions, especially the 'how many
domains' answer might be too confidential. We value all your answers.

Around 25 PowerDNS users have already completed the survey, we'd like
to hear from more of you - it is important.

Thanks!

The PowerDNS Team