[Pdns-dev] Re: recursor going opaque + nonblocking sockets?

Christof Meerwald cmeerw at web.de
Mon Sep 6 19:42:09 CEST 2004

On Mon, 6 Sep 2004 16:39:44 +0200, bert hubert wrote:
> But I'm wondering about bug #13:

I initially reported it a few months ago, see
http://mailman.powerdns.com/pipermail/pdns-dev/2004-May/000277.html

Unfortunately the problem only occured twice and I haven't compiled the
recursor with debugging information on that machine. So the only way to get
some more information was to attach strace to the process which revealed
that the recursor was hanging in one of the recvfrom syscalls.

The problem has disappeared after I changed all sockets to non-blocking mode
(but I am not sure which of the sockets really was the problem - but my
guess would be that it was d_clientsock).

bye, Christof

http://cmeerw.org                                 JID: cmeerw at jabber.at
mailto cmeerw at web.de