[Pdns-dev] Re: cvs version not up to date

Norbert Sendetzky norbert at linuxnetworks.de
Sun Feb 8 14:26:23 CET 2004

On Sunday 08 February 2004 09:25, bert hubert wrote:
> > You make it very difficult for me to help you if you keep things
> > secret because it's not in the cvs :-(
>
> In this case you missed a one line update, which wasn't even in my
> own copy of PowerDNS, and now I am 'keeping things secret'? I try
> to cvs update regularly but sometimes stuff is in an inconsistent
> state and I don't want to commit it yet.

Sorry, if this was misleading to you.
After the failed ldap patch (missing ldapbackend.hh diff), I always
try to verify and test the current cvs version to avoid that type of
errors in the future. If it is not up to date, this effort is going
to fail and it might happen again.

> > Netmask seems to be ok, but in ArgvMap today I've found a bug
> > I've overseen.
>
> I'm a bit scared of 0xffffffff<<bits - sure that works?

I've sent you my complete test code + report for verification.
According to the tests, the code works properly in all my tested
cases. If you think I forgot a test case, please let me know.

0xffffffff<<bits works as long as bits<32 and this requirement is
fulfilled by the modulo operation.

Norbert