[Pdns-dev] Re: cvs version not up to date

bert hubert ahu at ds9a.nl
Sat Feb 7 21:28:42 CET 2004

On Sat, Feb 07, 2004 at 08:37:40PM +0100, Norbert Sendetzky wrote:
> Hi Bert
>
> The cvs version (which should be the only source to create releases
> from) isn't up to date. Several things are missing:

Norbert - I really hate it when people tell me how I should dress, talk, act
or code. Please don't do it.

> - The "#include <unistd.h>" line to fix the STDIN compile error

I actually applied that to zone2sql instead I think. Added it to
zoneparser2.cc too now.

> - rewritten Netmask class (iputils.hh)
> - rewritten ArgvMap in arguments.{cc,hh}

You may not have noticed it but many of your patches initially cause more
problems than they solve, which makes me somewhat hesitant of actually
applying them without thorough study. I haven't yet had time to evaluate
your netmask and argvmap changes.

> Furthermore I've noticed that you've added a argtng.hh, which should
> probably be only a prototype and not be included into the next
> release.

ArgTng is used in qgen.cc and will most definitely be included. It adds very
cool input validation which, like MTasker, will probably become a separate
library.

Not sure if it eventually will replace ArgvMap though.