[Pdns-dev] [patch] Zone2ldap

Matthijs Mohlmann matthijs at cacholong.nl
Sun Dec 5 20:22:20 CET 2004

Hi,

> Thanks for your fix.
>
> What are the other changes (the removed lines + the dnsdomain2 objectclass in
> the tree nodes above the first dns node) for? Are they only made to comply to
> your special needs or do they fix something (bug, standard incompliance,
> etc)?

Not for my special needs, this patch also makes it work against the
newer versions of openldap with "schemacheck on"

The dNSDomain2 is the new objectClass for the dns stuff in LDAP. See:
http://www.linuxnetworks.de/pdnsldap/

It's an extended schema.

The dCObject and class is inherited from his parent so these lines are
not needed. And there goes something wrong with STRUCTURAL or AUXILIARY
classes. Or there were 2 STRUCTURAL classes while there may not more
then one in every entry or there was something wrong with the AUXILIARY
class. And the OpenLDAP is since 2.1 version more restrictive in these
things. See also the OpenLDAP documentation.

Standard incompliance that is.