[Pdns-dev] Automatic serial increment for SOA records

JoséLuisTallón jltallon at adv-solutions.net
Wed Mar 5 15:15:00 CET 2003

I would love to have auto-incrementing serials for SOAs in PowerDNS --
working, that is ;)

I took a look at the code and everything seems to be perfectly well
thought-of and coded ( this is an open compliment, Bert ;)  )
however, i read on the -user list it didn't work and, according to my own
tests, it doesn't, indeed.

I'm using MySQL on Linux ( Debian 3.0 with latest updates plus
PowerDNS+dependencies from 'unstable' ), with InnoDB backend for
transaction aware tables. Does it work with Postgres? Sybase? maybe ODBC on
Windows? something?

If all answers are negative... Shall I get GDB on it and start debugging? (
dunno if MTasker might get any side-effects from debugging or whatever )
Any tips before i get completely insane trying to debug? ;)

TIA

Regards,
	José Luis Tallón